Since my own 2012 writing goals include attending writing events, book signings and marketing - no matter how much the recluse in me wants merely to draw the curtains and read one of my tattered Stephen King novels, ice cream stained and dog-eared to tatters. So let's do this together, this social writing stuff. Find writing events in Michigan below...
A Rally for Writers: Delta Township (Lansing Area): April 14th
- Day long writing conference with 16 sessions including writers, poets, teachers, editors and publishers discussing writing. Cost: $70
WSU 7th Annual Made in Michigan Writers Series: Wayne State University: April 17th
- Features new books from Michigan authors, author readings and book signings.
- Romance writers retreat featuring guest authors, workshops, critiques and more.
Peninsula Writers Spring Fling: Grand Rapids: May 5th
- Day long writing conference at Schuler Books on the topic publishing.
Grant Writing Class: Detroit: May 3-4
- Learn to write grants. For beginning and experienced grant writers. Cost: $425
Bear River Writer's Conference: Camp Michigania: May 31-June 4
- Workshops in fiction, poetry, memoir and essay.
Author Signings: Since there are so many of these, I have simply linked to a variety of Michigan book stores where you can meet authors and purchase signed books. Check them out and support your writing comrades.
Nicola's Books: Ann Arbor
Horizon Books: Traverse City, Petoskey and Cadillac
Literary Life Bookstore: Grand Rapids
Kazoo Books: Kalamazoo
Bestsellers Books and Coffee: Mason
Mclean & Eakin Bookstore: Petoskey